Philadelphia is a city in a park, which means there’s always green space, towering trees and stunning landscapes to be found just a heartbeat away from Center City. Check out all the ways to get outside this weekend without leaving the city:
- Look for impressive floral displays at shops, delicious deals at restaurants and live musical performances throughout the neighborhood during the final weekend of East Passyunk Garden Days Friday and Sunday.
- Explore 13 parks across the city during the Love Your Park Scavenger Hunt, which offers a $20-level Fairmount Park Conservancy membership to those who complete the full mission by Monday.
- Meet in Center City for a guided tour of Philly’s Jazz Age architecture during the Art Deco Walking Tour with Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia Saturday.
- Head to Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania starting Saturday to see the Garden Railway display, featuring a quarter-mile track with seven loops and tunnels, 15 different rail lines, two cable cars and nine bridges, including a trestle bridge that visitors can walk under.
- Urban Medicine Cabinet: Cold Process Soap Making at Bartram’s Garden A North Philadelphia medicinal herb farmer and body care company founder leads this hands-on workshop in soap making with natural ingredients. Saturday, May 29, 2021 10 a.m.-noon
- Enjoy live music from four bands and a menu of Irish foods at the Memorial Day Irish Festival at Cannstatter (Monday).
- Enjoy eggs, fruit, potatoes and more during Breakfast with the Giraffes at the Elmwood Park Zoo (Saturday – Sunday). Where: Elmwood Park Zoo, 1661 Harding Boulevard, Norristown
- Head just a bit south to Wimington, DE for Memorial Day Weekend Jazz and More at Celebrations On Market, 340 S Market St, Wilmington, DE Sat May 29 2021 at 04:00 pm to Mon May 31 2021 at 07:00 pm
- Football anyone? Jamiro Monteiro, Andre Blake and the other stars from the Philadelphia Union soccer club host the Timbers for an evening game at Subaru Park. Sunday, May 30, 2021, 7 p.m.